DOC-Версия PDF- Версия
THE TYUMEN REGION
I. Read the text:
- The Tyumen Region is situated in West Siberia.
- It was founded on the 14th of August 1944.
- The population of our Region is over 3 min people.
- The Tyumen Region covers tire territory of 1.500.000 square kilometres, 40% of it are marshes.
- There are about 450.000 lakes and a great number of rivers in our Region
- The main rivers of our Region are the Ob, the Irtysh, the Tobol, the Ishim.
- There are two autonomous okrugs, 38 districts, 28 towns in our Region.
- The largest towns are Tyumen, Tobolsk, Surgut, Ishim.
- Tyumen was the first Russian town in Siberia founded in 1586 10.
- It was the site of a Tatar town Chingi-Tur located on the Tura.
- Nowadays Tyumen is the regional, industrial, scientific and cultural centre with the population over 500.000 people.
- The Tyumen Region is rich in natural resources: oil gas, peat, ore, non-ferrous metals.
- The industrial output of oil and gas was begun in 1964.
- 530 deposits give 66% of the Russian oil and gas.
- Engineering, food fish, timber-chemical and building-materials industries are developed in our Region.
- The Tymen Region is rich in forests, wild animals and birds.
- The rivers and likes provide people with many kinds of fish.
- The climate of the Region is rather severe.
- Sometimes in winter the temperature reaches the point of -50 C.
- There are many historical and cultural places m the Tyumen Region.
- The most unique is the Tobolsk Kremlin.
- The names of D. Mendeleyev, P. Ershov, A. Alyabyev are closely connected with our Region.
- In 1967 the Tyumen Region was awarded Lenin Order for the deeds of our people in oil, gas and other branches of industry.
- Nowadays the Tyumen Region is one of the largest industrial and agricultural centres of Russia.
II. Pronounce correctly and give Russian equivalents to:
West Siberia; covers the territory; square kilometres, marshes; located; nowadays; regional centre; natural resources, non-ferrous metals, output; deposits; timber- chemical; wild animals; provide; rather severe; the temperature reaches the point; unique, are closely connected; was awarded; autonomous.
III. Give English equivalents to the following words and word combinations:
занимает территорию; болота, местонахождение; расположенный на реке Таре; в настоящее время: промышленный, научный и культурный центр: природные ресурсы; месторождение; промышленная добыча; обеспечивать; лесо-химический; довольно суров; уникальный; достижения
IV. Read the dates and numbers:
on the 14th of August; 1944: over 3 min people; 1.500.000 square kilometres; 40%; 66%; 550 deposits; about 450.000 lakes; 1586; 500,000 people; 1964;-50° C; 1967
V. Answer the questions:
- Where is the Tyumen Region situated?
- When was it founded?
- What territory does it cover?
- Name the main rivers of the Region.
- When and where was Tyumen founded?
- What natural resources is our Region rich in?
- How many deposits of oil and gas were found?
- Name the main industries developed in the Region.
- The climate of our Region is rather sever, isnt it?
- What great people were born in the Tyumen Region?